What is PC-Wizard
Since 1996 PC WIZARD is among the most advanced system information programs on the market. PC WIZARD is a powerful utility designed especially for detection of hardware, but also some more analysis. It's able to identify a large scale of system components and supports the latest technologies and standards. This tool is periodically updated (usually once per month) in order to provide most accurate results.
PC WIZARD is also an utility designed to analyze and benchmark your computer system. It can analyze and benchmark many kinds of hardware, such as CPU performance, Cache performance, RAM performance, Hard Disk performance, CD/DVD-ROM performance, Removable/FLASH Media performance, Video performance, MP3 compression performance.
PC WIZARD can be distributed freely (ftp, archives, CD-ROMs...).
- Mainboard / Bios (Connectors, ID String, MP Support ...)
- Chipset (FSB Frequency, Norhtbridge, Hub, Direct Media Interface, XMB, NSI, ...)
- Main Memory (FPM, EDO, SDRAM, DDR SDRAM, DDR-2 SDRAM, DDR-3 SDRAM, RDRAM, FB_DIMM, Timings ...)
- Memory Profiles : EPP (SLi Ready), Intel XMP.
- Cache Memory (L1, L2, L3, Size, Frequency ...)
- Processors (Type, Speed, Multiplier coeff., Features, Model Number, Vanderpool Technology ...)
- APM & ACPI
- Busses : ISA, PCI, AGP (2x, 4x,8x), SMBus/ i2c, CardBus, Firewire, Hyper-Transport ... )
- DMI / SMBIOS
- Mainboard Sensors, Processor, Hard Disk & Battery (Voltage, Temperature, Fans)
- Video (Monitor, Card, Bios, Capabilities, Memory, Integrated Memory, Frequencies ...)
- OpenGL & 3Dfx
- DirectX (DirectDraw, Direct3D, DirectSound (3D), DirectMusic, DirectPlay, DirectInput, DirectX Media)
- Keyboard, Mouse & Joystick
- Drives (Hard Disk, Removable, CD-ROM, CDRW, DVD ...)
- SCSI (Card, Controller, Adapter, Devices ...)
- ATA/ATAPI & S-ATA (Devices, Type, Capabilities, S.M.A.R.T. Features, RAID)
- Ports (Serial, Parallel, USB, IEEE-1394)
- IDE & SCSI Devices
- Twain & WIA Devices
- PCMCIA (PC Card) Devices
- Bluetooth Devices
- Biometric Sensor Devices
- Sound Card (wave, midi, aux, mix, AC'97 codec, High Definition Audio)
- Printers (Local & Network)
- Modem (Features, Speed ...)
- Network (Server, Connexion, Firewall ...)
- Security (Scan Ports ...)
- PocketPC & SmartPhone Devices
- Virtual Machines
- MCI Devices (mpeg, avi, seq, vcr, video-disc, wave) & ACM
- Passwords (Outlook, Internet Explorer, MSN Messenger, Dialup ...)
- DOS Memory (base, HMA, UMB, XMS, EMS, DPMI, VCPI)
- Windows Memory
- Windows (Version, Product Key, Environment, Desktop, XP Themes ...)
- Windows UpTime (Boot, Shutdown, BlueScreen, System Restore Points ...)
- TrueType & OpenType Fonts
- WinSock (Internet), Telephony et Remote Access
- OLE (Objects, Servers ...)
- Microsoft© Applications
- Activity (Process, Tasks, Threads)
- Modules (DLL, DRV, 32 & 16-bits) & NT Services
- Internet Navigator (Microsoft Internet Explorer, Netscape, Mozilla, FireFox)
- .NET Global Assembly Cache (GAC)
- Resources (IRQ, DMA, E/S, Memory)
- System files (.ini, .log, .bat, .nt, .dos ...)
- Processor (Dhrystone (MIPS), Whetstone (MFLOPS), Mandelbrot fractal ...)
- L1, L2, L3 Cache, RAM (Bandwidth, Latency ...)
- Main Memory (Bandwidth, Latency ...)
- Hard Drives
- CD/DVD Rom
- Removable/Flash Support
- MP3 Compression
- VISTA Experience Index
MEMORY and CACHE: These benchmarks measure the maximum achiveable memory bandwidth. The code behind these benchmarks method is written in Assembly (x86, SSE, SSE2, SSE3). Memory benchmarks utilize only one processor core and one thread.
PROCESSOR : These benchmarks measure performance in terms of Integer Millions of Instructions Per Second (Integer MIPS) and Millions of Floating Point Operations Per Second (MFLOPS). The code behind these benchmarks method is written in Assembly (x86, x87, MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, 3DNOW!). Processor benchmarks are HyperThreading, multi-processor (SMP) and multi-core (CMP) aware.
- Can save, print, e-mail a report
- Can save a TXT, RTF, HTML, PDF or CSV report
- Can export any graphics as BMP file
- Can export text and graphic with the clipboard
- Web update Wizard
- Communicate with Motherboard Monitor
- Dump (Hardware registers, System BIOS, video BIOS ...)
Use this 100% free software to learn more about your computer and its components, detect/diagnose any problems in your computer, and increase your computer's performance.
Install & configuration
ZIP package: PC Wizard can be run directly from removable support (CD/DVD, USB Key, ...) Options are not saved.
Don't forget to check \"Use Folder Names\" into your UNZIP application to create PC Wizard folders.
Self-installing EXE package: To install PC Wizard directly on your hard drive.
Launch PC Wizard in silent mode : no interface appears, the report is automatically created.
Example : PC Wizard.exe /R T1 C3 c:\reports\report.txt /I
Result: Save plain text report for Hardware Tab and Processor category only into the c:\reports folder, with detailed information.
To learn more, see the readme.txt file into the PC Wizard folder.
The F3 key allows to search if a path has been installed. Just enter the Microsoft KB reference.
The F5 key allows to refresh information.
The F10 key copies the current page in the clipboard.
The F11 key allows to save a screenshot as a .bmp file.
The F12 allows to save current benchmark results to the database.
The Right Click allows to display a context menu (on graphic benchmark it allows to save graph as a bitmap).
PC Wizard supports the Logitech G-Series keyboard LCD screen. To activate this function go to menu Options (Monitoring Tab )and check it. When you minimize PC Wizard window, CPU information will be displayed into the keyboard LCD screen.
PC Wizard shows passwords only for your personal goal. No sensitive data is transmitted. No sensitive data is included with any kind of report.
Go to Control Panel - Add/remove Programs and choose PC Wizard. Click on Add/Remove button and follow the instructions.
If PC Wizard freezes or crashes your computer, please try to:
- Launch application with Debug Mode (hold down the ESC key until the SplashScreen appears). A new file will be created (C:\pcwdbg.log).
Please report it by sending an e-mail with this file (see Contact the authors).
- PC Wizard Settings shows and you can disable the detection of some components, which may cause problems.
- IDE/ATAPI device direct-access scan.
- SMBus scan.
- GPU i2C device direct-access.
- SuperIO/LPC sensor detection.
Contact the authors
If you encounter problems, bugs or incompatibilities, please report it by sending an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief description. Please try to include a Report (use Save as... or Send a message - choose Text Format) AND a Hardware Registers Dump (menu Tools) when you have a problem.
Thanks for your help.
Support this software
If you find this software useful, please consider to make a donation to support this freeware. Please keep in mind that donations are welcome, but in no way required to use and distribute this software.
Download the latest release
(installation, includes 32 and 64-bit binaries)
(.zip, no installation)
Not already a member?Register now and get connected with the biggest hardware benchmarking community!