Why HWMonitor for Android?
HWMonitor PRO for Android is a health monitoring program dedicated to Android devices. It shows in real time a various set of temperatures (depending on device), battery information (voltage, temperature and charge level), and CPU utilization.
The monitoring data can be sent over a local network in order to be displayed on a PC running HWMonitor PRO for Windows, or on another Android device.
In addition, HWMonitor PRO allows to monitor up to 10 systems (Windows PC or Android device) from your Android device.
From version 1.03, HWMonitor PRO includes a local monitoring feature on Android devices that reports :
- A set of system temperature. The number and nature of those data does directly depend on the device.
- Battery charge level, voltage and temperature.
- CPU and GPU clocks.
- CPU utilization.
In addition to the remote monitoring feature implying two PCs running Microsoft Windows, the Android version of HWMonitor PRO adds three additional monitoring modes
on local networks. In order to make them work, please make sure to activate WiFi on your Android devices in order to be able to access to the systems by the local IP
Monitor an Android device from a PC
That combination is particularly convenient if you need to benchmark your Android device, because it allows to use all the advanced features of the Windows version
for the monitoring of your Android device, such as data recording and graphs generation.
- Start HWMonitor PRO on your Android device, and click on the local monitor (the first in the list) in order to start the local monitoring. Note the IP address of the device that appears under or near the device name.
- Check Listening Model in the settings page if it is not (that option is set by default). You can also change the frequency used to send the data, from 1 second up to 20 seconds (5 by default).
- Start HWMonitor PRO on your PC, open menu Network, Connect and IP address. Enter the IP of your Android device. After a couple of seconds, your Android device will appear in the monitors list.
- Press the Home button of your Android device, and run your benchmark. If the monitoring seems to take too much CPU on your Android device (resulting in a reduced score in your favorite benchmark), you can remove some monitoring features (battery) and/or reduce the data sending frequency from the settings page.
At that point you can use the data recording and graph generation capabilities of HWMonitor PRO for Windows to generate monitoring reports for your Android device.
Monitor an Android device from another Android device
- Start HWMonitor PRO on your Android device to monitor, and click on the local monitor (the first in the list) in order to start the local monitoring. Note the IP address of the device that appears under or near the device name.
- Start HWMonitor PRO on the second Android device, then choose Add Device, and enter the IP address of the Android device to monitor.
- In order to remove a device from the list, do a long click on it. You will be prompted to ask if you really want to remove the device from the list.
Monitor a PC from an Android device
- Start HWMonitor PRO on the PC, and switch to "listening mode" (menu Network, check Listening Mode).
- Install HWMonitor PRO for Android on your mobile device, then start it.
- Add a monitor by clicking on the Add Sytem icon in the action bar or from the application menu. Enter machine name or IP, then click OK. If you enter both machine name and IP, the program will 1st use the IP address to connect to the machine. If you enter only one of the two data, the other one will be automatically filled once the connection will be done. Click on the machine in the list in order to connect.
- In order to remove a machine from the list, do a long click on it. You will be prompted to ask if you really want to remove the machine from the list.